Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

What can I do?

Other people have said it, but one more can't hurt. What's happening in LA and the Gulf Coast is so sad. Hundreds, maybe thousands are dead and many more will soon from disease or lack of water/sanitation/food. This is going to affect our country for some time, emotionally and economically.
I feel bad, because I don't think about it that much. It's not here, my house is fine. My dog is fine. It's sunny outside and I'm complaining that it's hot and I'm going to take a nap in a few minutes and that gas prices are up. I don't see the devastation, I don't know anyone who lives there, so it feels like I don't have a connection, that it's not real.
I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a house. Everything gone. It's so scary and sad and I imagine you just feel...lost.
I've giving blood next Thursday because that's when the Red Cross van is coming to our school. You should try to give blood if you can, or money or other donations if you can. If you can't do anything else, send a prayer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?