Friday, October 21, 2005

 

Quotes

I read a lot of books, listen to a lot of songs and watch a lot of TV/movies. I guess you could say that I enjoy living vicariously through others- at least to a point. When I read stuff, there is almost always a passage or quote that touches me in some way. It can make me cry or laugh or think or get angry. I often underline or mark passages that affect me. So, instead of using those quotes as away messages on instant messenger, I figured I'd share. This isn't a 'weekly' or 'monthly' thing- it'll be sporadic- mainly because I leave a big pile of books in the corner and I'll write this up before I take them back to the library. This is also in lieu of a 'what I'm reading' side menu.

So here's what I've got today:
"Other people's obsessions are boring." Alan Alda never have your dog stuffed

Acknowledgments: ". . . And finally, to every dickhead that I've had the displeasure of knowing, giving me enough lemons to make lemonade - pitchers of it." Sherrie Krantz Vivian Lives

"I believe, when life hands you lemons, you should make lemonade. And you should find someone whose life gives them vodka, and you should get together and have a party" Ron White Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?