Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Why I feel old at 25

I used to babysit for my neighbors. It was cool because I got paid pretty well to hang out with kids all day, play with Legos and watch movies. I started babysitting these 2 boys when I was in 8th grade. Both boys were still in potty training mode and one still occasionally drank from a bottle. I babysat for these guys throughout college when I was home on breaks and often during the summer.

I saw them for the first time in 2 years at Thanksgiving last year. They're as tall as me and Michael's voice had changed. Today, I got an email from their mom with pictures attached. Michael, the older one, was a GIRLFRIEND, whom he took to the HOMECOMING DANCE.

He is not allowed to be going to dances. He's supposed to still be playing with Power Rangers and Beastwars and reading Animorphs books.

He is definitely not allowed to have a girlfriend before I get a finance- or let's be honest- a boyfriend. That's just the rules. I didn't make 'em.

Side note- spell check did not recognize "babysat" and wanted to replace it with "Pabst". I think I will take on spell check's suggestion and go open a cold one. When the boys start legally drinking, just shoot me. Who am I kidding, I'll probably be right there, buying a round.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?