Monday, January 23, 2006

 

Onomatomatta

Last weekend I was in Raleigh because my brother and Matt wanted my girl instincts in helping them make their apartment look "more professional". That meant we went to a discount furniture store for Jeff to buy bed rails, for Matt to talk a guy down to $60 for a coffee table (as their last one was infested with roaches) and for me to covet a light green suede sectional sofa with one end as a chaise. Still covet. Yum.
Anyways, then we were off to Pier One and Target. That ended up with a side table, candles, incense, shelves, and a plant, which they tried to eat.
On the way to one of the stores, my brother said something like, "Andy is all about the anchovies" (so I don't remember what he said, it had a lot of a's in it) and I commented on his nice use of alliteration. Matt, who was driving, turned, looked at me and said, "Onomatopoeia, pow" and punched me in the leg all in one motion.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?