Monday, February 20, 2006

 

Boobs etc.

Two weeks ago my friend called to tell me something strange that her mother said to her. She had just walked in the door and her mom looked at her, paused, then said, "Your breasts look bad." My friend just stood there while her mother explained that women with big boobies need a lot of support and if that support is lacking, the breastal area looks bad.

I tell you that story to tell you this one: Last Thursday I had a conference with 2 of my professors and another student. I was wearing one of the only bras I currently own that fits properly. Although I am 26 and I thought that I had hit all growth spurts, apparently my boobs haven't gotten that message and continue to grow. It's not just because I've gained weight either- that is a separate issue. I know this will be hard for guys to understand, but I can feel them getting bigger. It is not comfortable- it feels like a super sensitive part of your body- like the inner thigh or arch of your foot, has a big bruise.

Anyways, back to the point of the story. I was sitting in this meeting when I heard a snap and felt a pull on the bottom bra strap. I figured it had just rolled funny. I kind of jumped because I wasn't expecting it. Luckily I had a sweatshirt on over my t-shirt because when I got home and took off my shirt, I discovered that the underwire on the left cup had snapped in two! I've had underwires mess up before- normally they just poke into your armpit or get bent in the wash. I have never had a metal wire under my breast snap in half. Hopefully my professors, who teach at a Baptist university and have degrees in ministry and stuff did not notice that I had lopsided boobs for the second half of the meeting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?