Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Superbowl XL

I didn't really care who won the game, the Seahawks have better helmets, the Steelers have "The Bus" and Hines Ward, the most handsome man in football according to Matt. Both had good stories - 5 wins for the Steelers ties them for most franchise wins, it would have been the first for the Seahawks. I just wanted a good game, and for the most part, it was.

But, what I, along with many other people, really wanted to see was the commercials. And I was disappointed. Overall it was a bummer bowl for ads. There were a few gems among them: the Bud & Bud Light ads were good as usual, especially the Streaker and baby Clysdale; the Disney World one where the players practiced saying, "I'm going to Disney World"; the MacGyver one, the one where they say "Cheers" in different languages. You can watch them all here.

But by far, the best one was from Sprint. My favorite was "The Locker Room". I laughed out loud for awhile after that one. It's very similar in concept to the Altell one, so it's a little copycat-ish, but I don't care because it's hilarious. People getting hit in the face will crack me up every time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?