Sunday, March 19, 2006

 

Family Weekend

My mom came to visit this weekend as it was Family Weekend at school. Yes, I am 26 and my mommy came to my law school Family Weekend.

On Friday we went to a dinner. It was alright as a bunch of my friends went too. We went down to the bar and came back upstairs with drinks. Of course the first person I see when I stepped off the escalator with a T&T in my hand was the dean... of my baptist school. Whoops. I got over that right quick. The dinner was the exact same as the previous year, down to the chocolate cake for dessert. It wasn't bad, just boring. The highlight of the night for me was when the vice-president of the class announced that the student of the year was the president of the class. Normally that would be ok, except for the fact that this president "lost" (read: threw out) my nomination and at least one other girl's nomination so we weren't on the ballot, the ballot that she created had her name first and when called on it said she put them alphabetical by first name (which she didn't), and that she was the one who counted the votes. I'll bet she was shocked that she won.

On Saturday we were planning on attending family day at the school. There is normally a small breakfast, a boring speaker, class room demonstrations and lunch. Lunch was the only part I was looking forward to. When we got there nobody was there. I asked my mom why she wanted to sit through that again and she said she enjoyed the demonstrations. I told her to just fly up one week and go to class with me. So we went to Cracker Barrel instead and bought some of these. And ran into some other students who skipped family day. My sister called while we were browsing cards and all I heard was my mom yell, "No frigging way!" in the middle of the store. Apparently my sister's roommate got tickets to Greensboro to watch the Duke game, which we watched at my house.

That night we went to Raleigh and visited 2 of my aunts and 2 of my cousins. Very fun. Then we had dinner with Jeff, Matt and Sam, which was also very fun. Most times I have fun with I am with those boys. Sometimes I want to smack them though. Then we went to the Cardinal Club for a silent auction and walked out with $70 worth of stuff. I did get a good deal on a bath gel set and my mom won a vase. My mom's favorite part of the whole trip was when my friend Becky told her that her husband said my mom looked like a trophy wife. My mom now wants to adopt him.

All-in-all it was a fun weekend. Nobody in my family got into any fights, there was a lot of laughing and a lot of buying stuff, which is always fun. Next year we're skipping family day again, unless I have to plan it or something.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?