Saturday, May 06, 2006

 

Do you have it?

Ann & Sara came down to NC this weekend to watch their ECU friends graduate (read: get drunk at some ECU parties). Ann drove to my house Wednesday night and then we went to Raleigh Thursday morning after my last final (woot!). We played some disc golf with Jeff and had dinner with my aunt and uncle and baby Katie. The two best parts of the day were reading bad baby names and watching GUTS on TiVo.

My aunt is pregant with her second child (a girl) and we were looking through the baby name book. There were some hideous names in there. A bunch were combos of 2 normal names like, Dougiana (seriously that was in there). There were also celebrity influenced names such as Chaka-Khan and Jaylo (alternate spelling J-Lo). Right. They did have alot of "boy" names as "girl" names and vice versa which is kind of nice as "Ryan" has been on the boy's side for centuries but neveron the girl side. The book she had changed the definition for the girl's side though. Ryan means "little king" but they changed it to "beautiful". Reading those reminded me of this website. I love it. I have actually cried from laughing so hard at some of these names. I need to write a book called "If you want your baby to get beaten up, name him...". I'll bet it'd be a best seller. Also, don't change the spellings of names. Stop adding vowels. Katie should be spelled like that not Katyie or Catti or Pkeyatie (silent p).

I love going to Jeff's because they have good cable and DVR. They always record MXC and they have the Nickelodeon Gas channel (don't know why they call it that, but they do) which shows Double Dare, GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple. We watched GUTS and Temple and were reminded of how awesome those shows were. Why do they not have cool kids game shows anymore? Trust me, I watch enough Disney and Nick to know they're not on. This also led to the discussion about whether Mike O'Malley's friends make fun of him for hosting GUTS and if he's ever gotten a piece of Mo.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?