Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Rearranging

My friend's parents gave her a new bedroom set a few weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to reap the benefits as well by getting her old one. Considering the fact that my bed was a full sized bed that my mother used over 30 years ago in middle school, I thought an upgrade might not be such a bad idea. So now I have a new queen bed and I rearranged my bedroom all weekend.

This just reminded of how much of my stuff is from other people. I am somehow often in the right place at the right time and end up with my friends' stuff. My couch, entertainment center and dining room set are from when Jessica moved and bought all new stuff. My guest bed is my brother's old bed and the futon is my sister's. My downstairs TV is from Carl, my brother's old roommate. Sarah gave me her old dishes, which I then gave to my brother when I got new ones for Christmas.

Right now I am ghetto fabulous as my old bed and box spring are sitting on the front porch waiting to be picked up by good will. Hopefully someone can use it, because while it's not the best bed in the world, it's nicer than nothing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?