Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

Weekend

This was a fairly good weekend. I was very stressed on Friday because I have been working on this appeal and it's been a pain in the butt. My trial 2 weeks ago was against 2 of my good friends. It has been frustrating to do that because, while I have always tried to be fair and on the up-and-up, I feel like one of them has been playing me. It started during discovery when I would get calls purporting to be about hanging out or whatever and then get questions about how I was planning on doing something during the trial etc. Then during a pre-trial conference, when I stood my ground I was called an asshole. The trail itself was ok and I thought everything would be fine. But then when I started this appeal it's happening again - the whole "I hope you're not mad at me but..." and then when I explain getting yelled at. It's hard to always feel like you're doing the best you can and that you're being used by people you trust.

So anyways, as I was in a pissy mood and my friends were kinda acting like butts, but in a way where I really couldn't be mad at them and just needed to vent, I rented Barnyard and Open Season. I was made fun of for renting kids movies, but as I do not have a kid, and will not be the creepy single person in a children's movie, I rent them. Because kids movies are normally awesome. Barnyard was great. Open Season was ok, but I didn't watch it a second time. Then I finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird for a class. I was glad we were assigned that book, because I read it in like 8th grade and didn't like it. I think I didn't have enough perspective or something, but the second read was much better.

Then on Saturday I was bored and still a little pissed/lonely/sad so I called my brother to see what he was doing. He asked me to go bowling so he, Matt and I played 4 games. I bowled over 100 on each game! That is probably not impressive to most, but for me it's freaking great. Plus, anytime you can play a sport and drink during it, it's extra awesome. Then we went to CiCi's. I had actually never been before so it was a new experience. The chocolate pizza is the bomb. But their salad bar is not good - I was burping lettuce for the next 4 hours.

Then we watched 1 v 100 on TiVo and then we watched The Departed, which is what I was trying to rent on Friday but was sold out leading to the rentals of kids' movies. It was really good- I was not expecting the ending. Alec Baldwin, someone whom I normally don't care for, was awesome. I think his character should have been nominated instead of some of the other people. Marky Mark was good too and one of my future husbands Matt Damon and Leo. The best part was that Jeff thought that Matt Damon and Leo were the same character for the first 45 minutes of the movie. He paused it at one point (well he actually dropped the remote and rewound it so we had to fix it) and asked which person was which character.

On the way home I got pulled for having a head light out. Luckily the officer was nice and didn't give me ticket (nor did he give me one for speeding - which I was, but only by like 7 miles). But it still freaked me out. I have bulbs and will try to fix it tonight. Hopefully I will not break anything.

So all-in-all it was a good weekend. I laughed, bowled, drank, watched a lot of movies, cleaned the kitchen and did 3 loads of laundry. Plus reorganized my school folders and wrote a paper. Not bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?