Wednesday, August 15, 2007

 

Beach Week

As most of you know, just about every year I go to beach with my extended family. Oddly, it's my father's side of the family, although my mom goes and my dad doesn't. But what can you do, we've got a weird family dynamic. Anyways, our house this year was in South Nags Head on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It's one of the few places that has houses big enough for all of us to fit in. This year's house had 10 bedrooms and we still had people sleeping on couches.


The first day we got there, we played baggo (or cornhole depending on where you learned how to play and your level of vulgarity). We basically had a sideline set up, which included lots of alcohol, cause that's how we do. The one bad part about the front year was the prickers. There were little balls with thorns in them and they got stuck in your feet - so you had to wear shoes and even then some got on you.



Jeff thought it'd be fun to try out some wrestling moves and Roll thought it'd be more fun to jump on us. See how my neck goes the wrong direction? Fun times!



We spent most of the week on the beach. Luckily during the heat wave, we got to sit in the sand, with a nice breeze, and go in the ocean or pool when it got too hot. We rented a kayak, got some floats and boogie boards and had a grand old time. I went the whole week with just minimum sunburn, which is an accomplishment for me!




This year, my Pop-Pop came too. He went out on the beach just about every day, and always wore long pants and hard top shoes! He said he liked the heat.

At night, we played games just about every night. We played celebrity, family feud, did puzzles and really got into One Tie, All Tie. Pool tables work very well as one tie tables, and the pockets make excellent cup holders.

One night, the whole family threw me a surprise party for graduation. Amy got me to go out to buy my graduation present (a Coach bag) and took me shopping at Polo and a few other stores for towels etc. It was nice. Then when I got back, everyone was waiting upstairs and yelled surprise. They had food with legal terms (like chocolate torte) and set up a tiki bar so that I could "pass the bar". It was very sweet.


Then we took our family picture out on the beach. Two nice girls took about 15 pictures. Too bad we can never get one where everyone is looking forward!

Then we took our possible Christmas card picture. Although I actually like the random family shot that we took in the house later in the week. Plus, notice the beer in my hand? Nothing says Happy Birthday Jesus like a Woodchuck!



My cousins and I always end up taking some kind of stupid picture. This one actually came out pretty nice.

One of the last nights, we decided to play beer pong. Unfortunately, someone had used all the Solo cups we bought for beer pong purposes. So we had to made do with plastic martini glasses, Elmo baby cups, a measuring cup, and some highball glasses. needless to say, beer pong did not last too long. Although my Mom and my Aunt Beth did play, which was hilarious!


Beach Trip with family -- good times!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?