Monday, August 27, 2007

 

Rush

This weekend was chock-full of anticipation and anxiety. I went home to Atlanta, not realizing that the bar was sending our passage letters out before I would get back in town. A friend called me on Saturday to tell me she had passed. The butterflies began as I knew my letter was sitting in my mailbox. I didn't want anyone else to read it before me, however, so I didn't ask anyone to go read it. The butterflies grew into hummingbirds on Sunday when another friend called me to say she had failed. It was awful. I felt so bad for her, but couldn't help also wondering what was in store for me. We had discussed our essay answers after the first day and had similar responses. Monday morning and the plane ride home occurred while I had a huge pit in my stomach. The drive from my brother's house to mine had me feeling like I was going to vomit. I was literally shaking so hard that I could barley open the envelope. When I saw the word, "Congratulations!" I burst into tears and cried for about 2 minutes. It was the most stressful and happy 30 seconds of my life. I'm going to be a lawyer - for real!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?