Sunday, April 05, 2009

 

Thrift Stores

Yesterday I woke up earlier than I do during the week to meet a co-worker. Why? So that I could buy discount flea medicine. Damn dog.

We also went to 4 or 5 thrift stores. I enjoy thrift stores and would go more often. The main problem I have with thrift stores, yard sales and antiquing is the morning factor. All these stores are generally only open in the mornings. Some are also only open on Saturdays, which compounds the issue.

See, I love sleep. It is my friend. I would marry it if I could. The whole "waking up early" thing does not go well for me. I wanted to go to bed at 9 pm yesterday. I texted my sister to see if it was acceptable. She said yes, which means she was very tired too, because it is not acceptable unless you are a baby or sick. I made it until 11 because I was watching Madagascar and pounding diet Coke.

I was fun sifting through mounds of crap to find a few treasures. I found a cool thing for a Christmas present for Roll (so did my co-worker, but for her boyfriend). I got a nice paperweight for the office, as well as a fruit basket and a clock. No furniture, which is what I was looking for, though. There were some nice pieces, but I am cheap. Yes, cheaper than a thrift store.

All in all it was a fun day. I don't think I will be doing this every weekend, in fact I know I won't because next weekend I will be in DE and the weekend after that in Raleigh, but I could see once a month or so. If only they would open at 10 instead of 8.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?