Sunday, June 07, 2009

 

Overheard and also pseudo-spoiler

I went to see Up this afternoon (very good and I second the comments from facebook friends when I say "Damn you Pixar!". I also highly recommend that you go see it). There was a family behind me, father and 2 sons, maybe 5 and 3. The 3 year old didn't say anything, his name was Matthew. Matthew's brother was a wee bit of a talker, but in a cute kid way, not an annoying kid way. We will call him MB.

*Here's the pseudo-spoiler* I say that because it really doesn't ruin the movie at all and come on, it's Disney. That's like "ruining" a Nicholas Sparks book by saying someone dies - duh.

Close to the beginning of the movie the wife passes away. And this is what I hear behind me:

MB - What happened to her?
Dad - She died.
MB - Why did she die?
Dad - Because she got very old and that happens to everyone.
MB - Am I going to die?
Dad - Not for a very very long time.

30 second pause.

MB - I don't want to die.
Dad - Don't worry about it. We'll talk about it when we get home.

30 second pause.

MB - Where's the popcorn?

Broke my heart I tell you. Until the popcorn bit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?