Tuesday, April 20, 2010

 

Questions No One Asked

So, I found this entry on a blog in an extremely roundabout way that I'm not going to post. Instead of making up my own questions, I'm stealing that Ryan's questions, which still fits the bill as no one has asked them of me.

What is the best movie you've seen lately?

American History X. I know, it's an older movie and it's kind of creepy. But it was very powerful. My Netflix list tends to be in groups. For example, I'm currently on my gangster type films. This happens because when I type in something I want to see and that "similar movies" list pops up, I click on stuff. That's how American History X came to be on my list. It came after Green Street Hooligans (which I've mentioned previously due to my new found love of this guy) and Scarface, which I actually found somewhat boring.

So what movies are on your all time favorites list?

Sandlot, Little Big League, Dodgeball, Elf, The Princess Bride, Harry Potter 1, The Godfather, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Star Wars (episodes 4-6), She's the Man, A Christmas Story

And many, many more.

What was the last book that you couldn't put down?

"True Colors" by Kristin Hannah. It's about 3 sisters and how they fight and are jealous of each other and how they deal with things in different ways, but under all that they're sisters first. It was pretty good. I also just finished "Wench" by Dolen Perkins- Valdez. It tells the story of a slave in the 1850s and was a different perspective than some other books similar in nature. The best part of that was googling 'wench' and seeing what popped up.

Before that I read the classics "Little Women", "Little Men", and "Jo's Boys" by Louisa May Alcott. It's a resolution of mine to try and read some classic novels I've never read before. I almost wrote a post about these books because LMA uses the word 'lover' a billion times and it makes me laugh because her context and mine are so totally different. Dating etc. was so chaste in that time period and 'lover' meant someone who you would potentially marry, not someone you were doinking. Plus, they barely even held hands - that wouldn't have been proper. There were some other quotes in there I wanted to post, but I had to return the book to the library and didn't have time to write them down.

My next classic is "Gone with the Wind" and good lordy that's a long-ass book. I've got 2 others to read (technically 3 because I have to finish the one I'm reading now) before I get to it. I'm guessing a renewal will be in order.

What is your favorite thing to do with friends or family?

Play games, especially board games. There is no comparison - I've been places with both, done cool stuff, done stupid stuff, but when it comes down to it, my absolute favorite thing is to be with friends or family (or both) with a couple of drinks and a stack of games, a deck of cards and some music. You learn more about people over a game of spades than you do at a concert. You laugh more over a Bud Light and a round of Taboo than you do at a movie. I haven't found anything that replaces games and I'm not sure I want to.

Did you get a new camera?

For Christmas 2 years ago. I don't know what kind it is and I don't use it nearly as much as I should.

Don't you just love wintertime?

Trick question. I love Christmas and my birthday is in January so I enjoy that part of winter. Snow is beautiful and I don't like 90+ degree weather. But there is a feeling of gloom during the winter - it's freaking cold, it gets dark early, everything outside is dead. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it comes around, but I'm kind of glad to see it go too.

Are you a Mac or PC?

PC. Our first computer in 1985 was an Apple 2E and I've never had an Apple since. Mac is not as user friendly as everyone says - stuff isn't where it should be. I will admit that they are pretty to look at and apparently don't break down as often, but they are too dang expensive for me.

Do you plan to get any more tattoos?

Yes. I planned on getting one for my 30th birthday but as I still didn't have a job, I couldn't really justify the expense. I still want to get that one (although my mom and my sister yelled at me about it), plus I figure I will get something when my future children are born. We'll see I guess.

What are you going to cook for the Pioneer Woman's website next?

Nothing. I don't even know what that is and I'm not sure if I want to. I am, however, making a pasta dish I saw on Rachel Ray last week. This brings up the point that I've been to 3 different grocery stores and none have fusili. I didn't think it was that uncommon of a pasta type. Strawberries were on sale for $1 though, so that made up for the lack of pasta choices.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?