Tuesday, May 11, 2010

 

Vanilla cake with Chocolate Frosting

I got a chain email the other day from some family members. The email said to pick one of 8 desserts and scroll down to see what your personality is. This is what mine said:

Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lacking motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.

At first I thought it was way off. Then I read it again. Let's do a sentence by sentence analysis.

I would say I'm fun-loving and humorous. I would never describe myself as sassy. I think I am grounded in life though and very realistic - maybe to a fault. I agree that I'm indecisive - anyone who has ever tried to make me decide on a restaurant can attest to that. The lacking motivation is a tough one. There are times when I am totally focused on a project and give it my absolute all. There are other times when I'm like "f it". So I'll give that a 50%.

I hope people enjoy being around me, and while I am sarcastic, I wouldn't classify myself as a practical joker.

True. It doesn't happen often, but I can bring out the big guns when I get really mad.

I hope that's true. There are a few people who I consider my friends. I've had most of them for close to 10 years or more. I hope to keep them around for at least a little while longer :-)

So, while the first reading made me think the email was crap, upon further analysis, we come to find that I am vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. I can live with that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?