Thursday, January 06, 2011

 

RyRy's movie review

Here are some of the movies that I've seen in the last month and what I thought about them. These are only movies that I saw in the theater, not Netflix.

The King's Speech - One of the best movies I have seen in awhile. I liked it because it was based on something real, which I enjoy, plus it had heart. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were awesome. If you're going to watch a movie, this should be it. Unless you want to watch stuff get blown up.

The Fighter - Another good one. Again based on something real, with heart. Netflix actually created a category like this for me - sports movies based on real life - or something like that. This is kind of the Rudy of boxing, with a bit of a darker edge. Also Marky Mark and Donnie are looking more and more alike as they age, especially in profile.

True Grit - Good, but not as good as I was expecting. Jeff Bridges' weird speech impediment or whatever got on my nerves after awhile. The girl was very good. I haven't seen the John Wayne version yet, but apparently this was not a remake, but a new screen play based more on the novel, which I've never read. You can wait for DVD.

Black Swan - Weird. It was nothing like I expected, which was part of the problem. My mom and I saw this together (which I only recommend if you are comfortable enough with your mom to watch masturbation scenes, which was a bit awkward) and at the end we were both like, huh.

I'm sure there have been more that I just can't think of right now. I've seen these 4 in the last 3 weeks, so that's why they are up there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?